Welcome to Simply Nutritious – your source of reliable and evidence-based nutritional information!
My name is Jacomie Nel
I am a registered dietitian RD(SA) with a BS.c Dietetic degree obtained from the North West university. I have experience in several different aspects of nutrition. Ranging from clinical hospital work, private practice, nutraceutical sales and teaching. I am currently in the final stage of completing my masters degree in Dietetics. My research focus on metabolic acidosis in patients with Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD). But most importantly I love food and actively promote a healthy lifestyle.
The main goal of this blog is to assist you on your journey to better health.
We will explore:
- The basics of healthy eating
- How to achieve a healthy, balanced lifestyle without dieting.
- Focusing on simple and convenient meals and snacks.
I stand for a no-diet approach, enjoying all kinds of food, having a healthy relationship with food and spend as little time as possible cooking. For me mindfulness and moderation are key.
With so many confusing nutrition and health messages out there, and all the self proclaimed health gurus and experts I want to help you differentiate between facts and gimmicks. Therefore, this blog aim to assist you in understanding the basics of nutrition and equipping you to make sensible food choices.
Realising that a practical approach is the key to success, you will find lots of valuable tips such as tips when food shopping, as well as recipes and easy steps to make healthy eating easy and simple.
I always welcome ideas and feedback, so please contact me with any questions.
JACOMIE NEL – Registered dietitian and Founder of Simply nutritious
My nutrition philosophy is: “Healthy eating is a Lifestyle”
Follow me on Instagram for more pictures of food and tips
- Second year MS.c Dietetics, North West University
- Completed the CDE’s Advanced Diabetes Course (2016)
- Diploma in Sports and Exercise Nutrition with Distinction, Shaw Academy (2016)
- Graduate Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Dietetics with Distinction, North West University (2013)
- Member of the International Golden Key Honour Society (in recognition of academic excellence)
- Registered member of the Health Professions Council of South Africa, DT0044040